TYPES OF INCORRECT BITE
- Distal: the lower jaw is pushed to the posterior according to the upper;
- Open bite: the front teeth of the upper and lower jaw are not closed;
- Mesial: the lower jaw row pushed forward and covers the upper;
- Deep bite: the upper incisors cover more than half the lower teeth;
- Crossbite: lateral teeth of the lower jaw overlap upper;
- Overly crowded: very close tooth position.
Серед найбільш поширених причин неправильного прикусу і формування кривих зубів можна виділити:
- harmful children's habits, for example, sucking a thumb;
- incorrect growth and location of teeth;
- long use of a dummy;
- incorrect artificial feeding;
- chronic ENT disease, as a result of which the child has to breathe by mouth;
- saving of the infantile type of swallowing.
An incorrect bite leads to serious consequences, such as
- constant headache;
- dysfunction of the temporomandibular joints;
- diseases of the digestive system, because food does not chew properly and goes into the stomach poorly treated;
- disturbance of respiratory functions, speech functions, chewing and swallowing;
- tooth erase and destruction
WHEN CAN I CONSULT WITH ORTHODONTIST?
- The diagnosis of deformation of bite and not aligned teeth can be carried out at the moment when the last milk tooth has grown, that is, approximately up to 3 years;
- By this time, the child has about 20 teeth, by which you can understand whether the right bite is formed;
- Treatment of incorrect bite is the best to begin with childhood, then it will bring less discomfort and take little time compared with correction of bite for adults;
- The process of treatment fpr adults is somehowt stretched in time, since the jaw is already completely formed and not so easily deformed.
In the Villa Louisa dental clinic, specialists work with Invisalign aligners, which are great for adults and kids
Lviv, Pekarska str., 55